Saturday, August 19, 2017

Drowning in Yarn and Covered with Cat Hair

... Basically, a summary of my life.

In the feverish grips of elation, and finally free from the constraints of academia, I began on a harrowing quest to complete the ultimate amount of garments possible within a fortnight.

Now that I am nearly halfway through my glorious two weeks of liberty, I have been delivered a stunning revelation. 

This was a terrible idea. Help.

It's not all bad, and it began innocently enough. One moment, I was washing an owl cardigan in the bathtub in preparation for blocking, and generally enjoying life. The next, it was 2 in the morning, and I was sitting on my bedroom floor with pins in my mouth and despair in my eyes, staring in horror at the sweater that wouldn't block exactly to size. *knitterly scream*

This is why you double-check gauge. Learn from my mistakes, children.


Mmm. Look at those owls. Hawt.


This is technically not a new finished project, but, rather, an addition to a previous one. Nearly a year ago, I knitted myself an open cardigan. Now, you might that it's not a huge deal that the sweater lacked buttons or a zipper. And you would be thinking wrong, because creating a zipper-less sweater is the most freaking annoying thing that I have ever done to date. Hands down. 

The sides of the sweater would flap around as I walked, like the wings of an angel. If the angel had fallen from heaven, gotten drunk, drenched itself in tar, and decided to dance the macarena while walking down the street, that is.

The more my little angel wings flapped madly around me, the more I began to hate the sweater until, finally, I bought a zipper, and vowed to end the insane flippity-flap-flapping. In an afternoon, the wee flappers were contained, and I could silently stalk- 

Whoa, wrong word. Walk. I can walk. Silently. 



I picked gold for the zipper purely to represent my heart of gold, and not because that was the first zipper that I looked at. *suspicious cough*

I know that I'm already working on a hat design and all that, but I couldn't help but knit this Hermione hat after I saw that I had a yarn that was perfect for it. I actually finished an awesome audiobook (called We Are Legion (We Are Bob), for those of you who'd like to know) because of the amount of time I spent sittin' and knittin' on this hat.



Those cables! So stunning! Those bobbles! So bobble-ish!

No comments:

Post a Comment