Wednesday, December 17, 2014

How To: BPHDC

     Back Post Half Double Crochet is another way to add ribbing to a crocheted project. It is usually combined with FPHDC to make 1x1 ribbing.
     To begin, crochet up to the point that you wish to make the BPHDC stitch.


     Yarn over.
     

     Insert your hook from the back of your work to the front of your work, in front of the post of the next stitch.


     Now move your hook to the back of the work.


     Yarn over, and pull the yarn through the stitch.


     You will have three stitches on your hook.


     Yarn over, and pull it through the remaining stitches.



     You know how I said in my previous post about how my camera hates the color black? Well, I'm pretty sure that it hates me, too, because it wouldn't take a good picture of the 1x1 ribbing.


     *shriek of horror*
     Soooooo, I crocheted a swatch in a completely different color.


     Much better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment