Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year Socks!

     A couple of days before Christmas, I finished all of my 22 projects! Needless to say, I was (and still am) super pleased with myself! I decided that I definitely needed a break from all knitting and crocheting for a while, just to recuperate.
     I'm  pretty sure that the fates were against this resolution, because on Christmas morning, I got some FABULOUS interchangeable knitting needles!


     "I am TAKING A BREAK!" I told myself, about a billion times that day. However sorely I was tempted, I stayed strong and only opened the container a couple of times to look at them. But by the next day, any resolve I had broke.
     "Nope, I can't do this anymore!" I said. So I knitted a small short row swatch. Then, looking at the swatch gave me a brilliant idea. I'm going to make some socks!
     So I did make some socks, using my Christmas needles, and I finished them on the 31st!



    I made them with worsted weight acrylic yarn, and I have to say that they are very comfortable and warm!
     If you would like to make this pattern, you can buy the book The Joy of Sox from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment