Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Stashbuster Blanket

     This is the story of how I procrastinated (putting something off is always a good way to begin a story).
     I had started this blanket on November 16, 2013 because I had a lot of small skeins of stash yarn (donated to me by my loving sisters). The original pattern only called for twenty squares, so I thought, "This is going to be fast and easy!"
     I was so wrong about the fast part.
     I didn't realize that I didn't have enough small skeins to actually finish very many squares. I had other, entirely unused, skeins, but there was obviously no way that I would use those. So I decided that I would make other projects, and then use the leftover yarn for more squares!
     Long story short, I made a lot of projects and eventually the number of squares reached twenty.


     Looking at it all laid out made me think, "Hmmm... It looks kind of... Small."
     So I got to work making THIRTY more squares.
     Once I got to about forty squares, I started crocheting them together in rows so I wouldn't have to remember what order they were in. After I reached fifty squares, I finally completed the blanket by crocheting a navy blue border around the entire thing.


     This is what the blanket looks like on a twin size bed.


     This is what it looks like on a full size bed.

     If you would like to make a blanket similar to this, you can get the pattern for free at Four Strand Knit Blanket pattern by Smitha Katti

No comments:

Post a Comment