Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Breath of Spring

     On March 4th, my 14th sibling, Tabitha Jane, was born! Mom only had about two baby hats, so I definitely couldn't pass up the chance to design one just for her!
    I used 4mm/ US 6 double pointed needles with worsted weight yarn, and then I made a gigantic pompom for the top of the hat. The hat is super stretchy (thanks to the ribbing), so I definitely think that it will fit her for AT LEAST a couple of months.


     *gasp* The CUTENESS! <3


     This is the crown of the hat...


     This is what the hat looked like before I made the pompom.


     And this is what the hat looks like laid flat with the pompom!

     If you would like to make this hat, the pattern is available for free at: A Breath of Spring Baby Hat pattern by Katherine Westerman

2 comments:

  1. Dying of the cute!! Doesn't help that I'm 32 weeks pregnant and am totally into all the baby things. Probably going to cast on one of these in a little bit. I'll make a Ravelry project page for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! I can't wait to see your photos!

      Delete