Monday, February 23, 2015

Amish Basket Rug

     I started experimenting with rug hooking about half a year ago when one of my sisters gave me an old kit. 
     At first I thought, "This is going to be great! I'll be learning a new skill!"
     For those who don't know, rug hooking is VERY repetitive. And I have a rather short attention span, apparently.
     I had almost reached the halfway point on this rug when I thought, "If I keep going with this rug, the boredom is going to kill me."
     So, I stopped, and knitted and crocheted THIRTY different projects before picking it up again (I told you I was bored with it!).
     After my Lavender Shawlette, I decided that maybe I ought to finish it. I did it in three days!


     Unfortunately, this pattern is discontinued because it is from the 90s. But, you can get a kit similar to it from eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment