Friday, November 28, 2014

A Scoodie Gone Awry

     I asked my Mom what she wanted me to make her for Christmas. A hat? A scarf? She doesn't really like beanies, so I suggested a Scoodie (a scarf with a hoody). She liked that idea and I began to make it using one of the NUMEROUS skeins of white yarn that I have.

     It turns out that Lion Brand Homespun is a bad yarn to use when making a hood. Once I had gotten pretty far along, it started to look like... Oh, please no! George Washington's hair! 
     
     I finished the hood and I couldn't even continue because all I could see was a lovely curled wig atop George Washington's head. Soooo, it's dress up clothes now. 




     This is my nephew, Aaron. In the first picture, he was pretty confused by what I put on his head. In the second and third pictures, he got distracted by Doctor Who and looked away.

     You can get the pattern I used for FREE at: Chunky Ribbed Scoodie pattern by Zoe Deterding, Just be sure not to use white yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment