Friday, April 25, 2014

How to: The Russian Join

     The Russian Join is useful for those of us (like me) who don't particularly enjoy weaving in ends. It has saved me a lot of time on projects and it is also almost seamless! Can you tell where I switched yarns in my Luna Lovegood scarf?



     To do the Russian Join, you will need:
1) two strands/skeins of yarn (my example is in two different colors, but I don't know how well that would turn out in a project)

2) a large-eyed needle


     Thread one strand of yarn through the needle.


    Insert the needle into the center of the strand of yarn.


     Gently pull the end of the needle through and remove the yarn from the needle. This will leave a loop at the end.


     Thread your next strand of yarn.


     Insert the needle through the loop in the previous strand of yarn.


     Insert the needle through the center of the strand of yarn just like before.


     Gently pull the end of the needle through and remove the yarn from the needle. It will now look like this.


     Tighten the loops, trim the ends of the yarn, and continue knitting or crocheting!


No comments:

Post a Comment